Tasks provides a simple checklist of things to consider before starting your project and a method to document progress towards completion.
Uses of the method
- To set targets dates, milestones and delivered tasks
- To document agreements
- To minimize project delivery risks
- Professional project design and management
- For more complex projects you may need a more sophisticated project management tool
Steps to complete
- Complete the template and regularly review for changes
- Amend the task list as circumstances change
This method and your response can be shared with other members or kept private using the 'Privacy' field and through the 'Tag', 'Report' and 'Forum' functionalities. Use 'Tag' and/or 'Report' to aggregate your analyzes, or add a 'Forum' to ask others where they agree/disagree and encourage them to make their own analysis from their unique vantage point.
Click the 'Invite tab to send invitations to other members or non-members (colleagues, external experts etc.) to ask for their input. You can whether or not you want anonymous responses. These can be viewed and exported within the Responses tab.
- Project management's roots were in construction and engineering. Frank Winslow Taylor, Henry Gantt and Henri Fayol were early pioneers through the introduction of the Gannt chart, work breakdown analysis and descriptions of management functions.
The 1950's saw the beginnings of modern project management with the introduction of PERT charts (Project Evaluation and Review Technique) and the Critical Path Method.
PMI publishes A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide), which describes common project management practices.
There are many robust software tools for project management now available.
Even with all the advice and tools we have provided here starting a foresight project from scratch can be a daunting prospect to a beginner. Let us know if you need help with this method or want a group facilitation exercise or full project or program carrying out by us. We promise to leave behind more internal knowledgeable people who can expand your initiative for better organizational performance.
Contact us today for a free discussion on your needs.
Are there other enhancements or new methods you would like to see here? Let us know and we will do our best to respond with a solution quickly.
Some rights reserved. This particular part of the website is licensed under a Creative Commons License.