Trajectory is a method of monitoring and forecasting the likely future trajectory of a company or companies.
Uses of the method
- Comparative investment appraisal
- Evaluation of rivals' strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Organizational assessment of capabilities
- Systematic method for tracking the past, current and future performance of companies
- Alerting of changes in a company's capabilities
- Requires much background research to be effective
Steps to complete
- Select the year you wish to rate
- Rate the indicators for that year
- Make any observations related to the year in Forum
- Save your results and repeat for more years as necessary
- Add more companies as required
- Review your results by clicking Average or Show Results
- Repeat this each time a significant piece of new evidence arises to alter your ratings or re-visit periodically to suit your strategic aims
'Trajectory' can be shared with others or kept private using the 'Visible to' fields and through the 'tag', 'report', 'share'', 'link and 'comment' functionality. Use 'tag' and/or 'report' to aggregate your analyzes, 'share' with others via email, Facebook and Twitter etc. or add a 'comment' to ask others where they agree/disagree and encourage them to make their own analysis from their unique vantage point.
Even with all the advice and tools we have provided here starting a foresight project from scratch can be a daunting prospect to a beginner. Let us know if you need help with this method or want a group facilitation exercise or full project or program carrying out by us. We promise to leave behind more internal knowledgeable people who can expand your initiative for better organizational performance.
Contact us today for a free discussion on your needs.
Are there other enhancements or new methods you would like to see here? Let us know and we will do our best to respond with a solution quickly.
Some rights reserved. This particular part of the website is licensed under a Creative Commons License.